Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Poor Little Brooks



As many of you already know, Brooks was hospitalized for 4 days due to rotavirus. He was a very sick, dehydrated little guy. Dr. Greg told us had we waited any longer to bring him in, he would have been in the hospital for a week. He received IV fluids for 3 days and then they started him back on a special formula and watched him on that for 24 hours before discharging him to home. He was such a sweet little patient. He smiled at everyone that came in the room, even when he felt the worst. On top of all of that, Darrell and I both came down with some aspect of the stomach bug while needing to care for Brooks. Nothing is worse than being a sick parent to a sick baby. Your baby has to have your love and attention, no matter what. Thank you to everyone for your prayers, love, support, phone calls, etc. Brooks is doing much better today. He is eating like he is feeling great and trying to make up for lost time.

Brooks in his "jail cell"

Feeling much better. IV fluids gone!!!

7 comments:

Moore Family said...

Im so glad Brooks is all better hopefully no more sickness for these babies for a while.

Samantha said...

Bless his heart, he is such a sweet baby. I could kiss those cheeks all day. I am so glad that all of you are on the mend and at home.

Rachel said...

oh no,
not a good week for you guys. glad to hear everyone is better.

Elizabeth said...

So glad to hear you all are better! That top pic is so cute, his little gown and bandaids and still grinning.

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to to "check up" with you in the past few days. You guys have been in our prayers. So glad the little love buggy is feeling better. We're home sick today with 103 degree fever (just Gabe so far)...I hate sickness!!!

Jodee said...

I am so sorry to hear Brooks was in the hospital and sooo sick. That poor little boy, but he was such a good baby while even being as sick as he was:( I feel so sorry for you both being sick trying to take care of your kids...that had to be terrible. That rotovirus stuff is so bad stuff. I hope everyone is doing better and specially little Brooks.

The Nelson Family said...

Oh Julie!! I feel so sorry for you guys! I know you were such a perfect mommy/nurse!! I am so glad that he is feeling better...he sure looked cute through it all!